Eligible members of the veteran and ex-serving community and their families, who are experiencing service-related mental health and wellbeing conditions, can seek help from the VVCS. Find out what happens when you first contact VVCS.
VVCS is committed to preserving and upholding your rights to confidentiality and privacy. Every effort is made to ensure that your counselling sessions and contact with VVCS is confidential. Find out more about client confidentiality and privacy. Learn more about your rights and responsibilities as a VVCS client.
VVCS provides the following services and programs:
- Counselling for individuals, couples and families
- Veterans Line – after-hours crisis telephone counselling
- Group programs – for a range of common mental health issues including anxiety, depression, sleep and anger
- Support for clients with complex needs – treatment and services coordination
- Crisis Assistance Program – emergency support for Vietnam veterans in times of crisis
VVCS can also provide education and information matters relating to veteran mental health and wellbeing, as well as referrals to other appropriate services if required.